It seems like just yesterday that we hit the “100 days to go!” mark, but 20 days have flown by crazy fast and now we’re down to 80! Eighty days still seems like a long time, but when you’ve already been engaged for a whole year, 1 month, and 3 days (not that I’ve been counting or anything 😉 ), it definitely feels like we’ve finally hit the homestretch! We’ve made a bit more progress since the last time I wrote, but it seems like there’s still so much to do in a pretty short amount of time!
Things we’ve checked off our To-Do List over the past few weeks:
- I had my first wedding dress alteration appointment last night! Thankfully I was able to order my dress in my normal size, so it fits like a glove – except for the fact that I’m short so it needs to be hemmed. Then there’s the bustle that is going to require 8 buttons or hooks, or whatever it is that holds the train up haha. Is 8 a lot? I really wasn’t sure, but am curious how many buttons or hooks my fellow brides out there had to bustle your wedding dresses?
- Flowers! I finally booked a florist consultation last week and the consultant made me feel SO much better about the flower situation!
- Bridesmaid and flower girl dresses have all been ordered!
- Joe got fitted for his tux!
- Joe designed and ordered our invitations!
- We booked our rehearsal dinner venue – Southerly Restaurant & Patio, the restaurant adjoining our favorite gourmet grocery store, Southern Season.
And I can’t take credit for this one, but my amazing Aunt Suzanne MADE me the most beautiful JMU garter set!!! (The photo doesn’t even come close to doing it justice, because I snapped the pic in my dark living room after I opened it). You guys know how ecstatic I am to be able to wear this very special gift on my wedding day! 😀
So, there’s lots to be excited about, and the things that were stressing me out the most back in January (finding a florist and a rehearsal dinner venue) are looking much better!
But despite checking all of those things off our list, it seems like I keep thinking about new things that need to be added to the list, so it never really gets much shorter. Haha!
Some of the big things that we still need to do include:
- Cake tasting at Pearl’s Bake Shoppe to choose our flavors! 🙂
- Plan rehearsal dinner menu
- Wedding reception menu planning/tasting
- Addressing, stuffing, and sending out invitations
- Choose our first dance song – we spent several hours the other night attempting to find a song that we could both agree on. We managed to find like 3 songs that one of us really liked and the other could “tolerate,” but it would be nice to find a song that we could both be excited about.
- Figure out decorations….and find someone who knows how to make tulle bows. (Again, I am not even remotely talented in the DIY crafting department. LOL.)
- Meet with our pastor to plan the ceremony
- Then there’s all of the stuff that you can’t really do until the last few weeks, like figuring out table assignments, making place cards, finalizing head count for catering, etc.
But overall, we are very excited and can’t wait for our big day to get here! I know all the pieces will end up coming together and falling into place, and if everything doesn’t turn out exactly how I had imagined it, that’s okay. (Woah, did I really just type that? Ha!) The important thing at the end of the day is that Joe and I will be married and we get to share and celebrate that special moment with our closest family and friends!
As always, thanks for reading and hopefully I will have more planning progress to share soon! Now go enjoy this beautiful day! 🙂